Reversible Tote Bag




I love to find uses for all my fabric scraps and remnants. I have lots of beautiful fabric left over from random projects and thought I'd make a bag. 

Now tote bags sound like a pretty simple thing to make, but if you want them lined and neat with no raw edges it can get a bit fiddly. 

Luckily I found this brilliant reversible tote bag tutorial from SkiptomyLou.org which happens to be really easy to follow. Even if part way through you think "this isn't going to work", it will, trust me, it's a very good tutorial.

Skip To My Lou


One of the great things about this tutorial is that you can make it with fabric of any size you want.

As it is reversible, you can have two completely different fabrics on either side and just turn it inside out to reveal the other design.




This was the first one I made and I gave it a leather handle. I love that each bag is a complete one of a kind!




Give it a go yourself, it may take a bit of figuring out the first time but it will be worth it. Alternatively, I will be putting this one and others up for sale in my shop soon so you can purchase one there via the this blog.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Any thoughts...?